When you plan on projecting your Conferences i/o results on the big screen, one of your options is to use our browser-based Presentation Mode. The other option is to use our PowerPoint Add-In (learn more about that here).
This article will provide instructions on setting up the browser-based Presentation Mode (get an overview here).
- In Session Settings, click 'Presentation Mode (Runs in Browser)'
- Click the green button for 'Create New'. Give it a name. E.G., My Presentation, and choose a theme. The 'Light background' is the most popular.
- Click 'Upload PDF Slides'
If your presentation was built using PowerPoint, convert your PowerPoint slides into PDF format. Please note that any effects and transitions that you might have applied to your presentation will be lost. To convert to PDF, complete the following steps.
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint
- Click File-Print
- At the bottom of the Print screen, choose 'Save as a PDF'
(Note: For those using Keynote on a Mac, you can easily export a copy of your presentation in PDF format via the menu choice: Share-Export and then choose to save as a PDF)
- Save the file with the extension .PDF
- Retrieve the file once converted
- Return to your Conferences i/o page and upload the PDF file
Learn how to add the results from your Conferences i/o Polls into Presentation Mode here. You can also include a slide for your Social Q&A to be projected. In most cases, you will want the Q&A slide to be the last of the presentation.
When you're ready to project your presentation on the big screen, click 'Start Presentation' and put the presentation into full screen mode.