The Slide Timer allows you to set a specific amount of time to pass once the poll is open, before the results are displayed. The general purpose is to help avoid any response bias among attendees, particularly if you’re doing a poll for assessment purposes. Without the timer, results will display on screen immediately, which may impact the way attendees respond. Set the Slide Timer for a time between 10 and 60 seconds to control how long your attendees have to respond to a poll, as well as how long that poll stays open. Once a poll timer hits zero, the poll question will lock on all devices and the poll results will be displayed.
The Slide Timer currently only works for polls embedded into the Conferences i/o PowerPoint Add-In. If you do not have this installed, please refer to our guide for Getting Started with Our Windows PowerPoint Add-In.
Once the Add-In has been installed and polls have been created for a session:
1. Browse to your Session in Conferences i/o.
2. If you're not already signed in as a moderator for this Session, click "Sign In To Moderate" at the bottom of the page.
3. Scroll down to 'Session Settings'
4. Under the "Presentations" section, click 'Add Live Content to Windows PowerPoint'.
5. You're now looking at a list of polls set up for that session as well as their Slide Codes, click 'EDIT' for a specific poll.
6. From this page you can select the desired time for the slide countdown.
Note: You also have the option to add music to your slide timer. Learn how to do this here.
7. Click 'Save' at the bottom of the screen.
8. After saving, view a simulated version of how this polling question will be presented to attendees by clicking 'View the Slide'.