By default all interaction on Conferences i/o is completely anonymous. However, session moderators have the option of requiring their attendees to enter their name and/or other identification fields before joining the session.
Want to identify attendees in just a single session? Click here to learn more.
When attendee identification is turned on, all interaction within the application will still be completely anonymous. Attendees will never see who asked a question, or who responded to a poll, etc. The only time that attendee names, email addresses, etc. are visible is on the data spreadsheet that the moderator can export from a single session.
To turn on the attendee identification functionality...
1. Click into Admin Settings
2. Choose 'Manage Sessions' under App Administration
3. Under Bulk Actions click 'Update Identity Requirements'
**It is possible to require identification fields other than the attendee name (e.g. email address, ID number, etc.) but those fields will need to be created by the Administrator in App Administration - Attendee Identification Fields.
4. When attendees go to join a session they will see the following page asking them to input the information that you requested before they are able to join the session.
5. All interaction on Conferences i/o will still remain anonymous within the application for attendees. However, when the moderator exports the polling and Q&A data spreadsheet from the session, it will include the "attendee identification" values in the export. In this way, you'll see what Q&A submissions were entered along with how the person responded to each poll question. A moderator can also generate a an XLS spreadsheet with only attendee information in their Session Settings.