Note: This article applies only to the second-generation version of our Windows PowerPoint Add-In, which is our recommended integration option as of July 2017. The second-generation version is not backward compatible with PowerPoint files that were created with the first-generation version of our Add-In. If you have files created with the first-generation version, we recommend continuing to use the first-generation software, but at your next event(s) switch over to the second-generation version.
Using the second-generation Windows PowerPoint Add-In
There are three methods to embedding polls from Conferences i/o. Choose whichever method works best for you.
Method A: Use the “Insert” option in the "Conferences i/o" ribbon
This options is similar to the older version of our Add-In. Paste in a single slide code and a slide will be generated for you. To do so, do the following:
- Start from the screen that shows your poll questions. At the bottom of that screen, choose Session Settings (use 'Sign in as Moderator' first if you don't see that button)
- Next, visit the menu choice called 'Add Live Content to PowerPoint'.
- This page features three large grey buttons that represent the supported platforms. Scroll down past those large gray buttons until you find the list of slide codes. You'll see the 16-digit slide codes on the right side of each slide. Copy the slide code to your clipboard.
- Go into your PowerPoint file, and visit the 'Conferences i/o' menu choice. Click the button for Insert Conferences i/o Slide.
- Paste the code and click OK.
Method B: Download all slides at once
On the same screen that contains all of your session's slide codes you should see a button that says "Download All Live Content Slides". This option downloads a PPTX file containing slides for every existing poll in your session. You can then copy/paste these slides from the PPTX file to your target presentation.
To see this method in action, you can watch our brief video below.
Method C: Manually insert presenter notes
You can add a Conferences i/o slide code to any slide’s presenter notes. Just type out our <cnf> tag, paste in a slide code, and a closing </cnf> tag.
Additional Options to Explore:
Add a timed countdown to the poll
You can add a timed countdown for any poll by following these instructions.
Play music during a poll
You can have music play during any poll's timer by following these instructions. (Note that you need an administrator to add music files before they will be available to the poll.)