Presentation files with embedded Conferences i/o live content slides, when created with the first-generation Add-In, will not work with the second-generation Add-In (and vice-versa). For this reason, you may want to migrate these files to the second-generation Add-In.
Strategy A — Keep both versions installed
On most systems, you can run the first-generation and second-generation Add-Ins side by side.
That makes migration simple. Just have both versions of the Add-In installed, build new presentations using the second-generation's "Conferences i/o" ribbon, and eventually you will only have presentations built using the second-generation Add-In.
Just be careful about which "Insert Conferences i/o Slide" button you click. If it's under the "Insert" ribbon, you're using the first-generation insert action. So stick to the "Conferences i/o" ribbon.
Strategy B — Replace first-generation slides with second-generation slides
First, download and install the second-generation version of the Add-In, if you have not done so already.
If you would like to retire your use of the first-generation Add-In, then you may have presentation files that need to be converted to the second-generation Add-In in order to work.
Unfortunately, we do not have a tool to automate this process. So you will have to do so manually.
- Find the Conferences i/o session associated with the polls in your presentation.
- Navigate to the the "Add Live Content" page under Session Settings.
- Download this session's live content slides (using the instructions under "Method B" on this page).
- Open the downloaded PowerPoint file.
- Copy/paste or drag/drop the new slides next to their appropriate locations in the file you are migrating.
- Remove the old Conferences i/o live content slide.
- Verify that the remaining slide has a "<cnf>" tag in its presenter notes, which confirms that it will work with the second-generation Add-In.
Note that you do not have to copy/paste all downloaded slides.
After you've migrated the new slides into your PowerPoint file, try running the slideshow to verify that they load correctly.
Remove the first-generation version
When you're done migrating your presentation files, make sure you remove the first-generation version of our Add-In. The only tricky step here is identifying the correct program listing in the "Uninstall Program" screen.
The first-generation Add-In identifies itself as "Conferencesio PowerPoint Add-In" so make sure you uninstall only that version.