When you are signed in as a moderator for Social Q&A, you can use the feature shown below for sorting questions and filtering questions. This is strictly for the moderator's benefit. Any sorting or filtering choices won't effect the attendee's view of questions.
The "Sorted By" options allows you to sort by:
- Upvotes (this is the default and normal sort)
- Newest First (new questions appear at the top of the list)
- Oldest First (old questions appear at the top of the list)
Tips and Suggestions for Sorting
- When you want to focus your attention on brand new questions being submitted, choose Newest First as your sort option.
- When you prefer to have the list remain stable and to stop it from moving due to heavy up-voting activity, choose Oldest First.
You can also filter the list via several options:
- By default, all questions appear.
- When you only want 'saved' questions to show (those with the heart-icon), click once for "Saved".
- When you only want 'checked' questions to show, click till it says "Completed".
- Click the small "X" to deactivate any filter and return to seeing all questions.
Note about Q&A Panels: if your session has been configured to have the Q&A Panel function, you'll also be able to filter the question list to specific speaker names. These will appear as you click on the filter link above.
Reminder: The attendee's view of questions on their smartphone will be unaffected by any sort or filter selection you choose as a moderator. Also, if you use the 'Live Content' slide to show Q&A inside of PowerPoint, it too will be unaffected by any sort or filter selections you make. And if you have additional moderators in a session, each moderator can independently choose their desired sort or filter options on their laptop or mobile device.
Pro Tip: Will you be using a "confidence monitor" (downstage screen for presenters) at your session, or will your presenters have a tablet (iPad) to view Q&A submissions? If so, would you prefer that your presenters only see suggested/approved questions on that confidence monitor or iPad? A great way to arrange this is to have your AV company setup that computer (connected to the confidence monitor) to be logged in as a moderator in the Conferences i/o app, where the list of questions is filtered on "Saved" and "Oldest First" for display on that screen. The AV technician can 'zoom' the browser view to enlarge it. If using an iPad, login as a moderator. Then have your in-room moderator use their own laptop (or tablet), and they can click the 'red heart' on the questions that he/she feels are the best candidates for the presenters to consider addressing.