On24 is a popular webcast platform used by many of our customers for virtual seminars, webinars and live streaming during hybrid events. While Conferences i/o was designed to be used at live (in-person) events, it can also be a valuable tool to use in virtual settings as well. Particularly at hybrid events to act as a bridge between the in-person and virtual experience, allowing all attendees to participate together in the same space.
Unfortunately, not all webinar / webcasting tools allow you to embed websites directly within their platform, requiring virtual attendees to access Conferences from a separate device (smartphone, tablet) or to open a separate browser on their computer. However, there are some webcasting tools, such as On24, that allow you to embed a webpage within their platform which creates a more seamless experience for virtual attendees.
How To Embed Conferences i/o Within The On24 Platform
1. Click the "widgets" button within the console builder for your webcast / meeting
2. From the Widget Manager select the "URL" widget
3. Click the settings wheel on the URL widget and then select "Configuration"
4. Enter the URL for the Conferences i/o session that you will be using. Make sure to also select the "Open in console" option (very important).
5. Rearrange / resize your widgets within the console builder. In this example we are also going to display PowerPoint slides and a video stream.
We recommend positioning the Conferences i/o widget horizontally along the side of the screen. This will provide attendees with an experience similar to using Conferences i/o on a smartphone and will allow them to participate while maintaining view of the slides / video.
6. You're all set! Here's an example of how the platform will look for attendees during the webcast.
To use the special embedded theme simply add "/?theme=cnf-embedded" to the end of the session URL in step #4.
So, if the session URL is "https://on24test.cnf.io/sessions/c6s3/" ....
Then the URL we will insert in step #4 is "https://on24test.cnf.io/sessions/c6s3/?theme=cnf-embedded".