TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Quick Workarounds
Conferences i/o uses Google Firebase as the real-time database, including check-ins, poll responses, social Q&A, and other interactive components. When an attendee's client is unable to connect to the Firebase service, these features are unavailable.
While in session, these workarounds typically resolve the issue for an attendee quickly and allow them to follow along and participate:
If Conferences i/o is embedded in another platform (e.g. Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc):
- Open the Conferences i/o URL directly in a new browser window
If connecting directly to Conferences i/o with a browser (e.g. Safari, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc):
- Refresh or reload the Conferences i/o session to see if the state persists
- Open a different browser (e.g. if experiencing issues with Edge, open Chrome) and navigate to the Conferences i/o URL
If on a company network or VPN:
- Disconnect from the company network, if possible
- Connect to a different network, such as a wireless hotspot, a different wireless network, or a wired network
If using a mobile phone:
- Disable Wi-Fi and use cellular data, if possible
If all else fails:
- Restart your device and follow the instructions from the event organizers to connect again
Should these workarounds not resolve the issue, Conferences i/o recommends contacting the event organizers as soon as possible. Please note that the event organizers may not be affiliated with Conferences i/o, but Conferences i/o's support and engineering teams will work with event organizers to identify and resolve issues quickly.
Most reported issues related to connectivity to the real-time database are intermittent and resolved by a workaround. However, some issues arise from client or network configurations (e.g. firewalls and network blocking) that may be difficult to troubleshoot.
Check connectivity to Firebase
- Firebase's status can be viewed here: https://firebase.google.com/support
- Ensure that a successful connection to the Firebase service is possible and that the Firebase service is not experiencing an outage
Note: Conferences i/o's support and engineering teams are constantly monitoring the status of the Firebase service. If an outage negatively impacts an event, contact Conferences i/o support for more information.
Ensure required services and domains are allowed
- Below are the services and domains that Conferences i/o requires in order to function
- If applicable, contact the appropriate technical support teams to ensure these services and domains are added to any corporate allow lists, firewalls, or proxies
|jQuery||Critical for real-time services|
|Websockets||Primary and most reliable real-time connection|
|Long-polling (repeated requests to a remote server)||A backup if websockets are not available|
|Port 443||All Conferences i/o resources and connections use SSL on port 443|
|Domain Needed||Use Case|
|*.cnf.io||Conferences i/o core application|
|cnf.firebaseio.com||Real-time database service (via Firebase)|
|d3r1vvs66lg0fx.cloudfront.net||CDN for user assets, like uploaded logos.|