TABLE OF CONTENTS
- NASBA Requirements
- Steps for Single-Session Certificate
- Considerations for Combined Attendance & Multi-Session Certificates
Creating a certificate of completion compliant with NASBA specifications is a simple process with Conference i/o's Certificate Template Builder. Using out-of-the-box functionality, the default certificate in Certificate Template Builder can be customized and completed in a few steps.
Per NASBA's standards for CPE program reporting:
Standard No. 23. CPE program sponsors must provide program participants with documentation (electronic or paper) of their participation (certificate of completion), which includes the following:
- CPE program sponsor name and contact information
- Participant's name
- Course title
- Date offered or completed
- If applicable, location
- Type of instructional and delivery method used
- Amount of CPE credit recommended by field(s) of study
- Verification by CPE program sponsor representative
- Sponsor identification number or registration number, if required by the state boards
- NASBA time statement stating that CPE credits have been granted on a 50-minute hour
- Any other statements required by boards of accountancy
Source: The Standards revised 2019
Note: Attendance Tracking is an Add-On feature. If you do not see menu choices under the Admin area for Attendance Tracking and/or Certificate Template Builder, please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss adding the feature.
- Follow the steps to create a template using the Certificate Template Builder
- Add the certificate builder fields corresponding with the NASBA data requirements (see next step for highlighted field information):
NASBA Element Certificate Builder Field Sponsor name and address Static Text Participant's name First Name / Last Name Program title Program Title Field(s) of study for the program Fields of Study - Single Line
Fields of Study - Multi Line
Date program offered/completed Program Date Location of program Program Location Instructional delivery method Delivery Format (NASBA) Amount of CPE credit earned Credits Signature of CEO/CE admin Static Text / Image Registry Sponsor ID number Static Text Registry time statement Static Text
Note: Conferences i/o's default delivery format field displays the values "In-Person" and "Virtual", which are not the specific phrases NASBA standards indicate. To fully adhere to the standards, use the Delivery format (NASBA) field which instead uses the values "Group Live" and "Group Internet Based".
Replace the values in the highlighted static fields from the table above with the appropriate content. In the case of the CEO/CE admin signature, a static field with the Stylized Signature font may be used in lieu of an image bearing the signature.
Per NASBA standards, the time registry statement must be included in its entirety:
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- Move and/or resize each field as appropriate. Additionally, fields can have their font, font size, color, and alignment changed as desired. Below is a detailed example of placement and style choices that can be used:
Fields highlighted in blue are dynamic fields added from the dropdown menu.
Fields highlighted in yellow are static fields with specific lines of text added.
Fields highlighted in teal have multiple content options depending on the use case.
Label Content Styling 1 Sponsor name/logo and address Name: Upload image or header image
Alternatively, use 25 pt Helvetica for company name
Address: 10 pt Helvetica, center aligned
2 First Name / Last Name 25 pt Helvetica, center aligned 3 Program title 25 pt Helvetica, center aligned 4 Fields of Study (Single Line) 12 pt Helvetica, center aligned 5 Program date 12 pt Helvetica, center aligned 6 Program location 12 pt Helvetica, center aligned 7 Delivery Format 12 pt Helvetica, center aligned
* Use static field for "Group Live" or "Group Internet Based"
8 Credits with unit label Credits: 12 pt Helvetica, right aligned
Label: 12 pt Helvetica, left aligned
9 Admin Signature 25 pt Stylized Signature, center aligned
Alternatively, upload image of admin's signature
10 Registry Sponsor ID 9 pt Helvetica, center aligned 11 Registry time statement 10 pt Helvetica, center aligned
Considerations for Combined Attendance & Multi-Session Certificates
When using Combined Attendance & Multi-Session certificates, the Program TItle, Delivery Format, and Program Location fields are not managed the same way as with single-session certificates.
Follow the instructions in Using the Certificate Template Builder to create a template, then duplicate it and replace these values with static fields to use for combined attendance and multi-session certificates.