Attendance Tracking admins can use Credit Rules to automate the process of assigning credits to attendees based on multiple criteria, saving the admin time in reconciling CE tracking and expediting the process.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Credit Rules feature allows administrators to define complex criteria for thresholds of credit to be used later in bulk credit adjustment. For example, NASBA standards state that 1 credit is equal to 50 minutes of instruction with 3 attention checks, which can be either codewords or polls. For sessions with more than 1 credit, attendees can receive partial credit based on certain thresholds met of those criteria.
Using Credit Rules, an administrator can define thresholds to meet the necessary standards. The following example uses NASBA-compliant thresholds up to 3 credit hours, but these rules are fully customizable, allowing an organization to precisely tune the criteria to fit their individual needs.
Create Credit Rules
- Log in as an admin
- Under Attendance Tracking, click Edit Credit Rules
- Click Add a credit rule
- Enter the number of credits as either a whole number or a decimal to award in the Credits box
- Change or remove the default values for required time attended, codewords, or polls as desired
- Click Add Credit Rule to save
- Repeat steps 3-7 as necessary for each incremental step desired
- When finished creating rules, click Save Rules
Adjust Credits in Bulk
- Log in as an admin
- Under App Administration, click Manage Sessions
- Locate the session to adjust credits for and click Manage under the Attendance column
- In the sidebar, locate the Adjust Credits in Bulk section
Note: Only one dropdown menu will appear when the Delivery Format of the session is not set to Hybrid.
- Select an option under Adjustment Criteria to use as the basis of the adjustment and click Preview Credit Adjustments
Note: Depending on the session configuration, some options may not be available for adjustment.
- Review any changes highlighted in yellow (marker 2) versus unchanged values in blue (marker 1), then click Apply Credit Adjustment