When managing attendance tracking data, processing check-ins for attendees with duplicate records is even easier with the Merge Duplicates feature. Administrators can identify duplicates with the same email address, then blend the results into a single entry for easy attendance reconciliation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Merge Duplicate Check-Ins will merge attendance data from attendees with the same email address. The resulting merged record will have:
- the earliest checkin time
- the latest checkout time
- all uniquely entered codewords
- all poll responses
Checkin records that were used to create the merged checkin record will be discarded. For example, if there were three 'duplicate' checkins for one person in a session, only one record will remain after merging.
Note: Checkin merging is intended as a data reconciliation tool after a session or conference has ended. It is not recommended to use this tool while a session is in progress.
|Angela Andrews||11:45 am||12:05 pm||111, 222, 333|
|Angela Andrews||12:15 pm||--||333, 555|
|Angela Andrews||12:56 pm||2:00 pm||111, 555, 666, 777|
|Angela Andrews||11:45 am||2:00 pm||111, 222, 333, 555, 666, 777|
- Sign-in to the Admin panel
- Click Manage Sessions
- In the Attendance column, select Manage for the session to manage
- Review the identified duplicates listed in a note at the top and the corresponding records with a yellow highlight
- In the right hand sidebar, click Merge Check-Ins w/ Matching Emails
- Double-check the list of records to merge, then click Merge Check-Ins Now
- When complete, all duplicate entries will be reduced to unique entries