When creating meetings, particularly with external users, Teams may not be in a context that allows apps to be added. Following these steps will allow a meeting organizer to set up a Teams meeting with the Conferences i/o app already embedded at the start of the event.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- In the Calendar area, create a new meeting by clicking New Meeting or by selecting a time slot
- Supply meeting details as appropriate, ensuring that at least one user is invited
Note: The invitation list can be updated and modified later.
- Click Send to save the meeting
- Locate the meeting on the calendar, click it, and then click Edit
- Click the + button to add the Conferences i/o app
See these Microsoft articles for more information:
- Use apps in Teams meetings
- Add an app to Microsoft Teams
- Know about policies to manage access and installation of Teams apps
- Programmatically add Teams meeting apps