Note: The Conferences i/o Mac App is in public beta. While the app has been tested by many customers, there can still be quirks or bugs that have not yet been ironed out. If you are using the Mac App and see any strange behavior, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Live content slides are not loading when in presentation mode
- Live content slides are loading on the wrong display
- The live content slides do not respond to input from remotes, keyboards, or mice
- The Mac App no longer works after a MacOS reinstall (upgrade, in-place, or downgrade)
Live content slides are not loading when in presentation mode
Follow these steps to troubleshoot missing live content slides during presentation mode.
- Ensure the Mac App is running by locating the icon in the menu bar
If the icon is not present, run the app.
- Ensure the Mac App helper is enabled by clicking the menu bar icon and verifying the status icon is green
If the icon is yellow, click the Enable button to re-enable the helper.
- Verify that you have the latest version of the app
Due to changes in macOS 10.15 (Catalina), any 1.3.x or earlier version of the Conferences i/o Mac App will fail to display live content slides. While the App will appear to be running in the Mac status bar, you will not be able to run polls or other live content while presenting.
You can find the latest version of our Mac App here.
- Double-check that the slide code is properly set on the slide:
- Sign in as a moderator on the desired session then click Session Settings
- In Session Management under Presentations, click Add Live Content to Presentation Slides
- Locate the slide desired slide content and copy the slide code
- Paste the slide code between the <cnf> </cnf> tags in the presenter notes section
Live content slides are loading on the wrong display
When using multiple displays, live content slides appear on the display with the presentation content.
- Start the presentation
- On the display with presenter view, click Swap Displays
- Move to a different slide in the slide deck, then move back
The live content slides do not respond to input from remotes, keyboards, or mice
When attempting to move between slides, live content slides do not respond to presentation remotes, keyboards, or mice. This issue appears when the Conferences i/o Mac App is enabled and used alongside other polling software applications.
- Exit presentation mode
- Disable or close other polling software add-ons or applications
- Re-start the presentation
The Mac App no longer works after a MacOS reinstall (upgrade, in-place, or downgrade)
After a MacOS reinstall, either via an upgrade, an in-place reinstall, or a downgrade, the Mac App will run but live content slides may not show.
- In System Preferences, open Security & Privacy
- Click the Privacy tab, then scroll down to Automation
- If necessary, unlock the preference pane.
- Locate the Conferences i/o app in the list and ensure all of the boxes are checked
Note that the app may have a different display name in the list than the screenshot.