If you have poll questions (live content slides) in your PowerPoint slide deck but live content slides do not work as expected, check these settings and configurations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Live content slides are not appearing
- Attendees cannot see live content slides
- Audience responses are not displaying in the Live Content Slide
- Windows PowerPoint ribbon is missing
- Mac App icon is missing
- No Internet Connection
- Poll Results are cut off or distorted
Live content slides are not appearing
The PowerPoint Add-In doesn't spring into action unless you run in slide show mode. When you are viewing slides in the normal view for editing or reviewing, you won't see any poll results. You have to run in slide show mode and arrive to a special Live Content slide before the system will spring into action.
Attendees cannot see live content slides
When presenting content by sharing your screen in a virtual meeting, make sure you're sharing the entire desktop where the audience view is displayed. The live content is recognized as a different window in Windows or MacOS, so applications like Zoom and Webex won't properly display them if only the PowerPoint window is shared.
Audience responses are not displaying in the Live Content Slide
It's possible your attendees haven't responded yet. Your slide contains live content which will update in real-time as audience members submit their responses. Before responses are received each possible option will be displayed as having been selected by 0% of the audience. When audience members begin submitting their responses the poll results will update accordingly.
For learn more about testing live polls, see our video "How to Test Polls". You can change the on-screen behavior of polls so that there's a countdown timer, or you could opt for a "manually advance to results" option. Learn more.
Windows PowerPoint ribbon is missing
See Troubleshooting the Windows PowerPoint Add-In.
Mac App icon is missing
See Troubleshooting the Conferences i/o Mac App.
No Internet Connection
Make sure that the laptop has a working Internet connection. Open up the browser and try to go to a website to ensure the Internet connection is working. If it's not working, Conferences i/o won't work either.
Poll Results are cut off or distorted
If you see a partial view of poll results or if poll results are cut off, check the Windows Display Scale settings on your computer. To do so on a Windows 10 computer, go to Settings > System > Display. (Under Windows 7, click Start > Control Panel > Display). You should see a setting for scale. Common settings are 100% or 125%. It's important that both displays use the same scale setting as otherwise, poll results will not appear correctly. Be sure to click once on each display (#1 and #2), one at a time, to check their respective scale percentages. Typically, you'll want to adjust the scale percentage of the external (projector) display to match with the laptop's display.
Steps to fix
- Visit the Windows display settings.
- If the settings indicate that display #1 and #2 are duplicated, you'll see the following screen when that is in effect. If not, skip to step 4.
- If your computer is set to Duplicate these displays, choose Extend these displays. This must be done so that you can independently set the scale percentage.
- Click once on the box for "Display 1" and make note of the scale percentage. Next, click on Display #2 and set its Scale percentage to match with Display #1. As an example, many newer laptops will have "Display 1" (the laptop display) set for 125% or 150%. Click on the box for "Display 2" and change the scale percentage to match with Display 1 (e.g., 125% or 150%). After doing so, you can optionally set the displays to "Duplicate these displays" if preferred (and/or if that's how the display setting was configured during step 1).