The Attendance Tracking Kiosk Mode is a direct replacement for paper sign-in sheets. A Kiosk device (laptop or tablet) can be provided in the room for attendees to use to check in or out of the session.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Enabling Kiosk Mode
- Accessing Session Kiosk Mode
- Manually Checking-in Attendees Using the Kiosk
- Pre-load Registered Attendees
- Checking-out Attendees Using the Kiosk
- Tips for Managing Attendance with Kiosk Mode
Enabling Kiosk Mode
- Sign-in to the Admin panel
- Navigate to Attendance Tracking Modes
- Check Enable Single-Session Kiosk
Accessing Session Kiosk Mode
Links to the Kiosk page for each session can be found on the Manage Sessions page under the Attendance column. Each session has a unique Session Kiosk URL.
Manually Checking-in Attendees Using the Kiosk
By default, attendees will need to be manually checked-in to the kiosk by entering their information.
- On the Kiosk home page, click Add Manual Check-in
- Enter the required information and click Check-in Now
- Verify the check-in is successful by viewing their status on the kiosk
Pre-load Registered Attendees
- Sign in as an Admin
- Click Manage Sessions
- Under the Attendance column, click Manage on the session to import attendees
- Click Upload Attendees in the sidebar
- Click to locate an Excel file or drag and drop one into the box to upload it
Note: Valid file types for import are XLS, XLSX or CSV
- In the Mapping Attendee Fields area, use the drop-down choices on the right side to match which columns from the Excel file correspond with currently defined Attendee Identification Fields, then click Add Attendees
- For best results, separate First Names and Last Names into different columns
- By default, this feature assumes that the first row of the spreadsheet has a header to identify the column names. Uncheck the First row are header columns option if the data does not have any header rows
- Using the Overwrite option will erase any prior check-in data
Checking-out Attendees Using the Kiosk
- Locate the checked-in attendee in the list
- Tap on their name and then click Check Out Now
- If desired, check the Send an email receipt box before checking out to email a receipt of the check-in to the attendee.
Note: This option is only available if the attendee's email address was recorded during check-in.
Tips for Managing Attendance with Kiosk Mode
- Consider using a staff person or the instructor to manage the Kiosk and check each attendee in and out rather than having each attendee use the Kiosk themselves. This ensures that attendance data will be more accurate in the event attendees leave early or forget to check in or out.
- Reduce the processing of attendance data by ensuring each attendee successfully checks-in but only require attendees to check-out if they leave the session early. After the session is over, use the Admin Bulk Checkout Feature to check the rest of the attendees out of the session. The Bulk Checkout will apply a timestamp based on the session's scheduled end time.
- When using a mobile device as a kiosk, prevent attendees from switching to other apps by using Guided Access mode on iOS or App Pinning on Android.