Conferences i/o uses Google Firebase as the real-time database, including check-ins, poll responses, Social Q&A, and other interactive components. When an attendee's client is unable to connect to the Firebase service, these features are unavailable.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Advanced Troubleshooting
While in session, these workarounds typically resolve the issue for an attendee quickly and allow them to follow along and participate:
If Conferences i/o is embedded in another platform (e.g. Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc):
- Open the Conferences i/o URL directly in a new browser window
If connecting directly to Conferences i/o with a browser (e.g. Safari, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc):
- Refresh or reload the Conferences i/o session to see if the state persists
- Open a different browser (e.g. if experiencing issues with Edge, open Chrome) and navigate to the Conferences i/o URL
If on a company network or VPN:
- Disconnect from the company network, if possible
- Connect to a different network, such as a wireless hotspot, a different wireless network, or a wired network
If using a mobile phone:
- Disable Wi-Fi and use cellular data, if possible
If all else fails:
- Restart your device and follow the instructions from the event organizers to connect again
Note: Should these workarounds not resolve the issue, Conferences i/o recommends contacting the event organizers as soon as possible. Please note that the event organizers may not be affiliated with Conferences i/o, but Conferences i/o's support and engineering teams will work with event organizers to identify and resolve issues quickly.
Note: Conferences i/o Support will assist users as much as possible, but will not check-in or out, respond to polls, submit codewords, or perform any other task on behalf of attendees experiencing issues.
Note: This section includes advanced instructions of a highly technical nature.
Most reported issues related to connectivity to the real-time database are intermittent and resolved by a workaround. However, some issues arise from client or network configurations (e.g. firewalls and network blocking) that may be difficult to troubleshoot.
Check connectivity to Firebase
- Firebase's status can be viewed here: https://status.firebase.google.com/
- Ensure that a successful connection to the Firebase service is possible and that the Firebase service is not experiencing an outage
Note: Conferences i/o's support and engineering teams are constantly monitoring the status of the Firebase service. If an outage negatively impacts an event, contact Conferences i/o support for more information.
Ensure required services and domains are allowed
- Below are the services and domains that Conferences i/o requires in order to function
- If applicable, contact the appropriate technical support teams to ensure these services and domains are added to any corporate allow lists, firewalls, or proxies
|jQuery||Critical for real-time services|
|Websockets||Primary and most reliable real-time connection|
|Long-polling (repeated requests to a remote server)||A backup if websockets are not available|
|Port 443||All Conferences i/o resources and connections use SSL on port 443|
|Domain Needed||Use Case|
|*.cnf.io||Conferences i/o core application|
|teamsapp.conferences.io||Conferences i/o Teams and Zoom apps|
|cnf.firebaseio.com||Real-time database service (via Firebase)|
|d3r1vvs66lg0fx.cloudfront.net||CDN for user assets, like uploaded logos|