TABLE OF CONTENTS
JeoPARODY! Conferences i/o Edition
Transform any onsite or virtual event into a fun, quiz-style game using the special edition JeoPARODY! game slides and the Team Battle leaderboard.
The JeoPARODY! slides and Team Battle game are designed to include everything needed. Just add six categories with five clues in each to get started!
Credit to Rusnak Creative, the original creators of JeoPARODY!
Add a JeoPARODY! category to slides 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 for a total of six categories
Add each category to the top row of slide 11, making sure to add them in the exact same order they were added in the previous step
Starting on slide 12, enter each JeoPARODY! question
Save the PowerPoint presentation
Team Battle Configuration
Create teams in Team Battle
- Enter JeoPARODY quiz questions in team battle in the same order they appear on the JeoPARODY board
- Starting with the first category, enter the questions in the following order: Category 1 - $100, Category 1 - $200, Category 1 - $300, etc. Do the same for the 5 remaining categories.
- Only award points to the first player to answer correctly
- Enter the corresponding dollar value in the Points to be Awarded box for each question: Ex. a $300 question should be entered as 300
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined based on the player who answered correctly in the fastest time
- When playing with teams, the team with the fastest time on average wins
- Keep the game moving by using the Automatic Question Timer and a 15 second timer
Replace slide #10 in the JeoPARODY! slide deck with the Team Battle live content slide, then delete the slide that reads “Replace this slide with your Team Battle slide”
- In PowerPoint, use Presenter View to display the JeoPARODY! board to players
- Join the Team Battle session in Conferences i/o on a separate device (i.e. phone, tablet, laptop) and sign in as a Moderator
Note: The host will need to manage Team Battle from a separate device. However, it is recommended to have another person moderate Team Battle in Conferences i/o while the host manages the game in PowerPoint.
- Assign players to teams and have them select a captain to be their spokesperson to choose asdf from the board. Instruct players to join their team in Team Battle on a separate device.
To start the game, choose to either have the host pick the first question or select a player at random. After this, the winner of each question will choose the next category and point value.
- As players choose from the available clues on the game board, reveal each question by clicking the corresponding box on Slide #11 then read the question aloud
- While the game host is reading the question, the host or moderator should open the corresponding quiz question in Team Battle
- In PowerPoint, click the Team Battle trophy button located at the bottom of the slide to advance to the Team Battle live content slide (Slide #10)
- The Team Battle moderator can then click Show Correct Answer followed by Score the Results to update the leaderboard
- The host should use their keyboard’s right-arrow key to return to the JeoPARODY! game board